Surf forecasting is a new branch of meteorology developed by tech savvy surfers, who have drawn on numerical weather prediction  to assess surf conditions. Almost all of these sites rely on the NOAA's free distribution of NWW3 data to produce their forecasts.
- www.magicseaweed.com: Global surf forecasting site
- www.wetsand.com, Free surf forecasting service providing long range surf predictions, swell models, wind forecasts and other various surf-related content.
- www.surfline.com: A comprehensive surf site containing live cameras, reports, forecasting, travel maps, video, photos, reviews, etc.
- www.globalsurfari.com: World wide surf forecasting providing to the point seven day surf forecasts.
- www.seabreeze.com.au: 7 Day Wind, Wave & Tide Forecasts and Live wind reports from the beach every 10 minutes.
- www.swellnet.com.au: Streaming Surfcams, Daily Surf Reports (with images) and detailed long-range Surf Forecasts.
- www.coastalwatch.com: Live cameras and surf forecasting.
- www.surfcore.co.uk: Covers the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
- www.tradcds.com: Ireland Surf Forecasts.
- www.mexbound.com: Baja Surf Maps lisying all surfbreaks in Baja California.
- www.bajasurfbreaks.com Complete list of surfbreaks in Baja including forecasts and maps.
- www.wavecast.com: Free surf forecasts.
- www.spitcast.com: Surf reports for San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara & Ventura, California & Long Island New York & New Jersey.
- www.surfingcal.com: Northern California surf report, forecast, blog, recent pics, video clips, and articles.
- www.surfinside.com: Surf reports, forecasts, photography, links and products.
- www.solspot.com: Free Surf Forecasts, Buoy Reports, Buoy History, Original Articles, Break Maps, uses some NOAA data but has a top notch human at the controls. Forecasts are accurate and sometimes humorous/entertaining.