How to Surf is a guide book published by Tracks in 1983. Subtitled "The complete guide to surfing", it covers both basic and advanced surfing techniques, as well as related matters, such as surfing conditions, surfboard design, ding repairs and safety.
- Editor: Nick Carroll
- Photo editor: Peter Simons
- Designer: Annette Yore
- Photographers: Aaron Chang, Jeff Hornbaker, Tony Nolan, Alan Rich, Chris Elfes, Clifford White, Bob Barker, Peter Love and Peter Simons.
- Advertisers: Piping Hot Wetsuits, Quiksilver and Rip Curl.
- Locations: Bells Beach, Dee Why Point, Uluwatu, Pipeline, Sunset Beach, Kirra, Lennox Head and Jeffreys Bay.
- Surfers: Mark Richards, Joe Engel, Jim Banks, Dave Hansen, Martin Potter, Mark Warren, Wayne Bartholomew, Simon Anderson, Terry Fitzgerald, Gary Green, Shaun Tomson, Derek Hynd, Mike Newling, Scott Beggs, Gary Elkerton, Greg Black, Barton Lynch, Richard Cramm, Steve Wilson, Tom Carroll, Terry Richardson, James "Booby" Jones, Eddie Aikau, Gerry Manion, Bill Hamilton, Allan Byrne, Greg Day, Peter Townend, Cheyne Horan and Tom Curren.